Towards a safer and more responsible drone flying culture in Singapore
Unmanned aircraft (UA) registration starts on 2 January 2020. Here are three things you need to know:
- Any UA, with a total weight of above 250 grams must be registered before you fly.
- Registrants must be at least 16 years old at registration.
- From 2 April 2020, it will be an offence to operate an unregistered UA in Singapore.
Before you proceed with the online registration, please ensure that you have the following:
- A valid UA Registration Label
- Registration ID and Verification ID(found within the UA Registration Label and Packaging)
- Your Personal Details
- Details of the UA (Brand, Model, Serial No, Flight Controller No, Weight and Frequency)
- A digital photo of the UA with the affixed label
- You must only register a UA that belongs to you or to your company, if applying on behalf of a company. Do not register a UA in your name if it does not belong to you.
- You must ensure that the registration label is affixed on the main body of the UA with the unique registration number displayed clearly.
- Please ensure that all information is correct at the time of registration.
- It is an offence to knowingly provide false or misleading information at the time of the registration. A person who is guilty of the offence may be fined up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment not exceeding 6 months.
For more information on UA registration, please click here.